Monday, August 15, 2011

water water water oh and some Caffeine

Several weeks ago I posted a 7 day water challenge I was doing on my face book. I had many people ask me to let them know how it went. I haven’t gotten a chance to update anyone with my results. The challenge was for seven days to take half your body weight then drink that many ounces of water a day. Well for me it was around 70 ounces daily.
It was very hard for me to complete the challenge, but I did it. Silly as it seems when your not a huge fan of plain water it isn’t an easy task. At the end of the week I felt I would float away. I also had more bathroom trips then one should make in a day or night for that matter. I think mostly, because I was also trying to drink all of my other favorite beverages on top of that.
The positives were I lost two pounds that week , I didn’t feel as tired by early afternoon like I usually do and my mouth didn’t feel dry like it usually does. I have to say I didn’t even notice my mouth felt dry until I started the challenge and realized a mouth should feel more moist. So over all it was a great thing to do and has changed how I choose to stay hydrated,
I don’t drink the full 70 ounces in water now that the challenge has came and gone, but I am drinking around 32 ounces of plain water daily. I have grown to like a nice cold glass or bottle. Anyone who knows me would be in shock, because in the past I never drank any! I have other beverages I refuse to let go of during the day to make up for lost liquids. I know they aren’t the best, but that said I will always be me and I do enjoy my caffeine. Again I think that’s where my ideals of half and half come in as I explained in an earlier post. So, my other beverages if you may wonder…well I will post a picture so you can see what helps keep me fueled during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment